- About Us
- Who We Help
- Supporting Devereux
If working with children is your passion, then you’ll enjoy Driving with our Devereux Eagleview Program. Here’s your chance!
Being a Driver at Devereux has its Advantages
You will work with other dedicated professionals who share your passion for helping individuals in need. Some responsibilities include:
- Demonstrates knowledge of and applies approved behavior management techniques designed to encourage appropriate social behavior. Serves as a positive role model by providing an example for acceptable behavior, language, and dress. Effectively utilizing level system and/or individualized treatment strategies for clients as developed by the treatment team.
- Provides direct supervision of assigned clients during on and off campus programming. Takes responsibility for the whereabouts, safety and general welfare of assigned clients at all times. Follows routine and increased supervision protocols. Utilizes and completes client accountability sheets.
- Utilizes appropriate and approved therapeutic interactions skills with clients in accordance with the New Directions Modules, specifically, Building Relationships, Listening, Praising Effectively, Making Requests, and Leading Activities. Utilizes crisis physical intervention techniques appropriate to the degree of threat to the safety of the client and others and in accordance with Devereux Safe and Positive Approaches (S&PA) standards.
- Provide on-the-road testing of new hires for driving clearance.
- Quarterly completes inspections (visual) of the vehicle and documents on the form provided by procedure.
- Observes and reports, in a timely fashion to the appropriate supervisor and/or treatment team member, noticeable changes in client behaviors and/or health conditions. Provides accurate and timely documentation of client behaviors as well as documentations relative to use of Center vehicles.
- Assists in the movement and delivery of various materials to include client charts, mail, supplies, small medical equipment, etc. as needed.
- Observes all traffic rules to include maintaining a safe speed at all times, signaling, parking in appropriate areas, etc.
- Annual training and certifications remain up to date and complete.
Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health Childrens Behavioral Health Services provides programs and services for children and adolescents with behaviroal health diagnosis. Located in Glenmoore, PA, this position is responsible for Providing transportation for assigned clients for a variety of purposes including, but not limited to: medical appointments, discharge visits, court hearings, recreation activities, and home visits. Responsible for all documentation required relative to the use of Devereux PA CBHS vehicles. Assists in the movement and delivery of various materials to include client charts, mail, supplies, small medical equipment, etc. as needed. Observes all traffic rules to include maintaining a safe speed at all times, signaling, parking in appropriate areas, etc.
Keywords: Transportation, Driver, DSP, Direct Support Professional, Mental Health, Human Services
Education :High school diploma and two years direct care experience. Must possess a valid PA Driver's license and be eligible to operate organizational vehicles in accordance with the organizational risk management plans relative to authorized driving privileges.
Experience : Two or more years driving experience. Good documentation and organizational skills. Must have a valid driver's license with a clear record.
About Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health
Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health is one of the largest and most advanced behavioral healthcare organizations in the country. Informed by the latest advancements in science and medicine, we combine evidence-based interventions with compassionate family engagement to help change lives. We were founded in 1912 by special education pioneer, Helena Devereux. Today, Devereux is a national nonprofit partner for individuals, families, schools and communities, serving many of the most vulnerable members of our society in areas of autism, intellectual and developmental disabilities, specialty mental health, and child welfare.
Our Mission: Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health changes lives – by unlocking and nurturing human potential for people living with emotional, behavioral or cognitive differences.
We employ more than 7,500 staff and operate 15 centers in 13 states. We offer a comprehensive national network of clinical, therapeutic, educational, and employment programs and services that positively impact the lives of tens of thousands of children, adults and their families every year.
Our Culture, Our Expectations
At Devereux, we strive to incorporate servant leadership into our culture and every aspect of our organizational framework; from the delivery of quality services to individuals served, their families, and other stakeholders to the development and empowerment of our employees. We offer challenging and exciting work, and our supportive team environment creates an empowering and positive atmosphere. To be successful in our work environment, you will put the needs of others first, and will feel called to serve, and called to lead.
Competitive Salary and Benefits
In addition to a competitive salary, Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health provides a comprehensive health and welfare program to eligible full-time employees, family members and domestic partners. Our benefit programs include medical (including telemedicine - medical care via phone, web, app), dental, prescription drug, preventative care, mental health services and an employee assistance / work-life balance program. In addition, we offer tuition assistance, generous time-off, a 403(b) retirement plan with matching benefit, and voluntary/employee paid supplemental life and accident coverage.
Visit benefits.devereux.org to see why we are a great place to work!
The employment policies of Devereux are to recruit and hire qualified employees without discrimination because of race, religion, creed, color, age, sex, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, disability, veteran status, communication ability, gender identity or expression or sexual orientation and to treat them equally with respect to compensation and opportunities for advancement - including upgrading, promotion and transfer - consistent with individual skills and the needs of Devereux.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We will consider applicants for this position without regard to any category protected by applicable federal, state or local law, including but not limited to race, religion, sex, color, age, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, national origin, marital status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status or uniform service member status.
Devereux is a drug-free workplace, drug screening required. EOE
Requisition ID 2019-4999
Position Type Full-Time