If the thought of making an impact on the lives of individuals living with emotional, behavioral or cognitive differences brings a smile to your face, then make a meaningful career choice and become our next Administrative Assistant. Devereux New Jersey touches the lives of nearly 400 children, adolescents, adults, and their families with special needs, from outside the New York skyline to the Southern New Jersey shoreline. Individuals with emotional, behavioral, and developmental disabilities are served via a broad spectrum of treatment settings including community-based homes and apartments, vocational training programs, family care homes, and consulting services.
As an Administrative Assistant you will unlock human potential by:
• Performing administrative support to the Program Director, Program Manager, Vocational Coordinators and day program staff
• Establishing and maintaining filing systems
• Scheduling meetings and appointments
• Administrative Support tasks will include; answering telephones, sorting mail, greeting visitors, as well as a combination of clerical tasks to support administrative operations such as maintaining records; preparing documents, responding to routine requests, and other duties as assigned.
Why it is so great to work at Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health and some of the excellent benefits we offer:
• You will be able to use your knowledge of administrative skills to impact our organization and the lives of those we serve.
• We work on a model of promoting a collaborative team approach and encourage sharing your ideas and experience in the administrative field.
• We promote a continuous learning and development of all of our staff.
• We are one of the largest and most advanced behavioral healthcare organizations in the country providing services for over 100 years.
• Generous paid time off
• Competitive medical plans
• Health Advocate
• Pension plan w/ employer match
• Domestic partner coverage
• Mileage reimbursement
• Tuition reimbursement program
• Healthcare reimbursement and flexible spending plans
• Employee Assistance Program, Work/Life Programs
• All of our benefits can be reviewed at https://learn.devereux.org/benefits/
Keywords: administrative, clerical, front office, medical records, receptionist, customer service, healthcare, secretary
Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health is one of the largest and most advanced behavioral healthcare organizations in the country. We have a unique model that connects the latest scientific and medical advancements to practical, effective interventions in the treatment of behavioral health. We were founded in 1912 by one of the first pioneers in the field, Helena Devereux. Today, we are a national non-profit partner for individuals, families, schools and communities, serving many of the most vulnerable members of our society in areas of Autism, intellectual and developmental disabilities, specialty mental health, and child welfare.
The primary purpose of Devereux is to provide quality service to those entrusted to our care by their families, guardians, agencies, and other designated parties. The most critical resource we have to accomplish this task is our employees. No intervention will be implemented without the assistance of competent employees who are physically and mentally prepared to carry out this tremendous responsibility.
For this reason, in addition to a competitive salary, Devereux provides a comprehensive health and welfare benefits program to eligible full-time employees, family members, and domestic partners. Health and welfare programs include medical, dental, prescription drug, preventative care, mental health services, and an Employee Assistance / Work Life Balance Program, as well as generous time-off policies, and a 403 B Retirement plan. Additionally, voluntary, employee paid, Vision and Supplemental Life Insurance are available to FT employees.
It is the intent of Devereux to continue to offer these benefits; however, we reserve the right to change or stop them at any time, with or without notice.
-The accomplished individual will possess:
Must be willing to travel to Atlantic and Cumberland Counties
• High School diploma or GED required
• One (1) year experience in an administrative role required (clerical/secretary/receptionist)
• Excellent customer service skills
• Prior experience in human services and with the developmentally disabled and Autism population preferred
• Top notch organizational, multi-tasking and communications skills, both oral and written
• Excellent interpersonal skills possessing the ability to relate to and communicate with a diverse group of people
• Sense of humor, yet polished and professional demeanor when dealing with consumers, employees and family members both in person and via the phone
• Exceptional follow up skills and a strong ability to pay attention to details while maintaining accuracy of task
• Must be flexible with time and a strong sense or work prioritization
• Must have the ability to be confidential with employee and consumer information
• Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines, be exacting in performance
• Excellent computer skills and must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint